Get to know the new Cardiff City boss...
Cardiff City were delighted today to confirm the appointment of Neil Warnock as First Team Manager.
Read on to find out all you need to know about the Bluebirds' new boss...
1. Warnock most recently managed Rotherham United, joining in February last season. He arrived at the New York Stadium with the Millers in the relegation zone, but oversaw an eleven-game unbeaten run, eventually confirming their safety with two games to spare.
2. As a player, he featured on the wing for Chesterfield, Rotherham United, Hartlepool United, Scunthorpe United, Aldershot, Barnsley, York City and Crewe Alexandra.
3. He scored a total of thirty-six goals from three hundred and twenty-seven career league appearances.
4. Warnock first made his move into management with Gainsborough Trinity in 1980.
5. In the twenty-six years since, he has gained a wealth of experience at the helm of fourteen different clubs.
6. Warnock’s first promotion as a manager was with Scarborough in 1986/87, as he won the Conference to take them into the Football League.
7. He then led his next club, Notts County, to successive promotions from Division Three to Division One, winning the Play-Offs for two consecutive seasons.
8. Warnock is a boyhood Sheffield United fan. He held the reins at Brammall Lane from 1999-2007, taking them to the Semi-Finals of the League Cup and the FA Cup as well as leading them to the Premier League.
9. In total, Warnock has earned seven promotions, most recently winning the Championship with QPR in 2010/11.
10. In doing so, he has received plenty of personal plaudits. Warnock has been named Manager of the Month on seven occasions since 2002/03 – including in March of last season with Rotherham United.