Hey Junior Bluebirds! On Saturday we're playing against Fulham at Craven Cottage! If you're going to watch our boys play then I hope you have a safe journey and enjoy the match! With Saturday's big game in mind, let's have a look at some facts about both teams!
Bartley's must-know Match Facts for Fulham vs. Cardiff City
* Fulham's top goalscorer so far this season is Aleksandar Mitrovic! The Serbian striker has scored eleven times for the side this season, having joined them from Newcastle United in 2018.
* The Cottagers were promoted to the Premier League last season alongside City and Wolves! They were promoted through the play-offs after finishing third on the Championship table, beating Aston Villa in the play-off final. They'll play in the Championship again for the 2019/20 campaign.
* Scott Parker is Fulham's caretaker manager. The former midfielder was also a player at the Club between 2013-17, and made over 100 appearances for the side!
* Fulham's longest spell in the Premier League came between 2001-14, during which time they won the UEFA Intertoto Cup and were runners-up in the 2010 UEFA Europa League!
* Fulham lost the 2010 UEFA Europa League Final at a score of 2-1 against Atlético Madrid after extra time, which took place at the HSH Nordbank Arena in Hamburg. Former Wales international player Simon Davies scored for the London-based side!
* The Bluebirds got their first win of the 2018/19 season against Fulham in October! Neil Warnock's men beat the Whites 4-2 at CCS, with Josh Murphy, Bobby Decordova-Reid, Callum Paterson and Kadeem Harris all scoring for City!
* The last Cardiff City player to score at Craven Cottage was Danny Ward! The striker's header meant that the Bluebirds came away from the match with a point, drawing 1-1 in September 2017.
* Neil Etheridge began his senior career at Fulham! City's #1 made one appearance for the club in a UEFA Europa League match against Odense Boldklub in 2011.
* Tom Cairney is Fulham's club captain! The midfielder helped his side to the Premier League last season by scoring the winning goal in the play-off final at Wembley Stadium.
* The Bluebirds will be determined to stop Ryan Sessegnon. The 18-year old has played five times against Cardiff City - and has netted on each occasion.
* Sean Morrison has been Cardiff City's captain since August 2016! The defender has made almost 200 appearances for the Bluebirds in all competitions, including 31 starts this season!
That's all for now, Junior Bluebirds! Check back with me before next Saturday's match against Crystal Palace for more of Bartley's Match Facts! Bluebirds!!!