CAULKER’S ACTION MISSION
Steven Caulker has called on the generosity and help of all Cardiff City supporters and commercial partners in his mission to reach a charity target that really could change young lives for the better - and in order to reach his goal, the talented Premier League defender is sourcing some amazing raffle and auction prizes, starting with two tickets to this Sunday’s south Wales derby between the Bluebirds and the Swans.
A proud fundraiser for @ActionAid, an organisation dedicated to ending the extreme poverty that kills twenty eight children every minute of every day, Steven has set a fundraising target of £75,000 to make a big difference to youngsters in Kambia, Sierra Leone. It’s a campaign all at Cardiff City are proud to support.
– an eBay auction open to all ‘City fans with a valid fan numbertwo level four Cardiff City Stadium tickets to the match between Cardiff City and Swansea CityThe first prize on offer consists of * for a link to the auction. Details will be launched very soon.@AfricasChild14. The club and Steven will also put together a special exclusive pack for the lucky winner, including your photo in the Cardiff City v Manchester United match programme, so make sure to follow Steven's charity Twitter account,
It’s not just auction prizes on offer either, as thanks to the ongoing help of some rather well known friends across the game, Steven will be raffling some fantastic prizes, including:
1. A signed Gareth Bale Real Madrid shirt
2. Cardiff City mascot place v Hull City, Saturday 22nd Feb
3. A luxury Celtic Manor hotel night stay for two
4. A Wales rugby jersey, signed by the squad
5. Craig Bellamy’s signed boots
6. Lazarou Brothers £200 pamper bundle (make up & fragrances)
7. Jermaine Defoe’s signed England shirt vs Moldova
8. A Pier64 £70 meal vouchers for two
** where you can enter the draw and hopefully make a donation Eall you have to do is visit Steven’s JustGiving page HERAnd that’s just for starters –
Speaking of his new undertaking, Steven told us, “My connection to Sierra Leone, one of the poorest countries in the world comes from my grandfather. Although the civil war there came to an end in 2002, it left behind extremely difficult conditions due to the destruction of schools and hospitals, taking away many of the basic things we take for granted on a daily basis.
“The people in Sierra Leone need our help, but they are also more than willing to work hard themselves. All they lack are the funds and resources to help build a better life for their children and future generations. That’s where we come in.
“My goal, with the help and support of many good people is to build a school that would include six classrooms and basic facilities, including a water well and hand pump on site. The school would initially benefit around three hundred kids, which would rise year on year.
“With the selfless and much appreciated backing of @ActionAid, along with those kind enough to donate, including the fantastic support of Cardiff City fans, the dream is to raise the £75,000 target by March 1st 2014. I then hope to make the trip to the school site when time allows to speak to the children and get my hands dirty, helping with the building work and seeing how the money is being put to good use.
“Hopefully the prizes on offer will help us reach our goal. Thanks to everyone who has helped out so far, and to those who play a part in making this school a reality.”
Steven kicked off the donations himself by pledging £10,000 recently, with the current JustGiving total at £11,790 raised, approximately fifteen per cent.
To help raise awareness, Steven has even set up an account on Twitter!! You can follow his fundraising efforts and learn of new prizes and winners by following@AfricasChild14. Make sure to spread the word.
charity Twitter account HERE* Please note that the Cardiff City vs Swansea City match tickets can ONLY be won by a registered Cardiff City supporter with a fan number and booking history, in order to maintain the integrity of the home section, thanks. For auction details and the closing date and time, see the eBay page via Steven's
.HERE** For prize draw terms and conditions, please check Steven’s personal JustGiving page