WORKLOADS & INJURY WORKSHOP :: CARDIFF CITY STADIUM :: 17/04/16
3 years 6 months ago
Cardiff City Sports Science and Medicine department to host Workloads & Injury workshop by leading sport scientist Dr Tim Gabbett.
- Workshop to be held at Cardiff City Stadium on Sun 17th April 2016.
- Lecture delivered by leading sport scientist Dr Tim Gabbett.
- Click here to purchase tickets.
A workshop by leading sports scientist Dr Tim Gabbett will be held at Cardiff City Stadium on Sun 17th April 2016. With 20 years’ experience working as an applied sport scientist with top athletes and coaches from a wide range of sports, Dr Gabbett has worked over several Olympic and Commonwealth cycles. He continues to work as a sport scientist and coaching consultant for several elite teams around the world. This workshop will cover the latest thinking on a range of topics, including training planning, recovery, injury-prevention and the links between workload and injury. Dr Tim Gabbett has published over 150 peer reviewed articles and has presented at over 100 national and international conferences. The specific areas covered during the day long workshop will include:
- The relationship between workload and injury.
- The development and accuracy of injury prediction models.
- A novel approach to modelling workloads.
- Return to train, play and compete plans.
- Protective effect of training.
Registration will be 9.30am till 10.00am, lunch and refreshments will be provided. The workshop will finish at approximately 3.00pm. To book on the conference please click here. Tickets are available for £50.00 / £40.00 for students.