KIERAN RICHARDSON | TEN FACTS
2 years 10 months ago
1. Greenwich-born Richardson began his youth career with West Ham United, before joining Manchester United in 2001.
2. Known for his versatility, Kieran can play at left-back, central midfield and left-wing.
3. The 31-year-old made his Manchester United debut two days after his 18th birthday, in the Champions League against Olympiacos.
4. Kieran played a key part in the West Bromwich Albion squad that escaped relegation in 2004/05 during a loan spell, appearing 12 times and scoring on 3 occasions.
5. In 2007, Richardson scored in the semi-final of the FA Cup against Watford, helping Manchester United reach the first Cup final at the new Wembley Stadium.
6. In the summer of the same year, Kieran left United to join Sunderland on a long-term deal, where he would spend five full seasons.
7. While at Old Trafford, Richardson won a Premier League medal (2006/07), the League Cup (2005/06) and the FA Youth Cup (2002/03).
8. He left Sunderland on the final day of the transfer window in August 2012, signing for Fulham.
9. Richardson was reunited with former manager and team mate, Roy Keane in 2014, joining the then Assistant Manager at Villa Park. He spent two years with Aston Villa (alongside Joe Bennett), before leaving the club in the summer.
10. An England international, Kieran scored twice his country, both goals coming on his debut against the United States.