1. Marouane was born in Tonneins, France to Moroccan parents.
2. The 32-year-old represented Morocco at international level, winning 65 caps and scoring 18 goals.
3. Chamakh began his professional career with Bordeaux, spending eight seasons at the club, winning the Ligue 1 title in 2008/09.
4. In his final season at Les Girondins (2009-10), Marouane won the Bordeaux Player of the Year award.
5. The forward spent three years with Arsenal, under the tutelage of Arsene Wenger, from 2010-2013.
6. While with the Gunners, Chamakh scored against Wolves with just 39 seconds on the clock – a then Arsenal Premier League record.
7. The new Bluebirds striker was the first man to score in six consecutive Champions League matches, starting with Bordeaux before continuing his run while with Arsenal.
8. After leaving the Emirates, Marouane first encountered City boss Neil Warnock whilst at Crystal Palace.
9. Chamakh netted ten times in 65 matches while playing for the Selhurst Park club.
10. His final league goal for Crystal Palace was the winning (and only) goal against Swansea City on May 24th 2015.