Bartley's Match Facts: AFC Bournemouth
Hey, Junior Bluebirds! This weekend host AFC Bournemouth at CCS! Be sure to sing loud and proud at the match! I can't wait to see all of you there!
This will be Cardiff City's first home match against AFC Bournemouth since March 2015! Now, let’s have a look at some facts about both teams!
Bartley’s must know Match Facts for Tottenham Hotspur vs. Cardiff City
* Eddie Howe is AFC Bournemouth’s manager. During his two stints at the club, Howe has seen the Cherries promoted from League Two to the Premier League!
* AFC Bournemouth and Cardiff City FC were founded in the same year! Founded in 1899, both clubs are over 120 years old.
* Dean Court is the smallest stadium in the Premier League! Built in 1910, the ground has a capacity of 11,329.
* Notable players who have played for both sides are Kenwyne Jones and Lee Tomlin!
* AFC Bournemouth’s nickname is the Cherries!
* The club won the first ever Football League Trophy in 1984, when they beat Hull City 2-1 in the cup’s final.
* Callum Wilson is AFC Bournemouth’s top goalscorer so far this season. Wilson, who has been at the club since 2014, has scored 11 goals and had five assists since his 2018-19 campaign began.
* AFC Bournemouth club captain Simon Francis has been with the Cherries since 2012, and has made over 250 appearances since then!
* Cardiff City have Harry Arter on loan from AFC Bournemouth. The midfielder is also the last Bournemouth player to score at Cardiff City Stadium!
That's all for now, Junior Bluebirds! Check back with me before our next match against Southampton, for more of Bartley's Match Facts! Bluebirds!!!