Bartley's Match Facts: Watford vs. Cardiff City
Calling all Junior Bluebirds... Are you ready for another matchday?
On Saturday, we’re travelling to Vicarage Road to play against Watford!
This is the Bluebirds’ first match against the Hornets since December 2014, when both sides were playing in the Championship.
The Hornets won that one - but we had a run of six games unbeaten just beforehand!
Bartley's must-know facts for Watford vs. Cardiff City
* Players who have made appearances for both sides include Michael Chopra, Jordon Mutch and Don Cowie
* Watford’s top goalscorer last season was Abdoulaye Doucouré. He scored seven league goals for the club, earning their “Player of the Season” award
* One of the stands at Vicarage Road is called the Sir Elton John Stand. It's named after the famous singer and pianist, who is a lifetime supporter of the Club and former Chairman and Director!
* Built in 1922, Vicarage Road Stadium currently has a capacity of 21,577
* The Graham Taylor Stand is named after the former Watford manager, who was in charge at the club between 1977-87. In only five years, he managed Watford from the Fourth Division into the First!
* Graham Taylor also led Watford to their only ever FA Cup Final. On May 19th 1984, Watford faced Everton at Wembley Stadium, where they lost 2-0 to Howard Kendall’s side.
* Other famous Watford fans include Radio 1 DJ Chris Stark and unified world heavyweight boxing champion, Anthony Joshua!
That's all for now, Junior Bluebirds!
Check back with me before our next match against Manchester United at Cardiff City Stadium for more of Bartley's Match Facts.
Come on City!