Bartley's Match Facts: Cardiff City vs. Liverpool
Hey Junior Bluebirds! On Sunday we're playing against Liverpool at CCS! I can't wait to see you there supporting our boys as we get into the final few matches of the season! With Sunday's match in mind, let's have a look at some facts about both teams!
Bartley's must-know Match Facts for Cardiff City vs. Liverpool
* Liverpool's top goalscorer so far this season is Mohamed Salah! The Egyptian international has scored 19 league goals this season, and has earned nine assists for the side.
* The Reds currently have 85 points on the Premier League table. Their previous record for points earned in a Premier League season was 86 in the 2008-09 season. At the end of that season, Liverpool lost out on first place to rivals Manchester United by four points.
* Liverpool's manager in Jürgen Klopp. The German manager has been in charge at the club since 2015, after managing Mainz 05 and Borussia Dortmund!
* Last season, Liverpool made it to the UEFA Champions League Final, where they lost 3-1 against Real Madrid in Kiev, Ukraine.
* Cardiff City have a former Liverpool player in our squad! Lee Peltier began his career with the Reds, and played for them on five occasions, including in a UEFA Champions League match against Galatasaray!
* Callum Paterson is the last Cardiff City player to score against Liverpool, when we last met the side at Anfield in October.
* Sunday's match is going to be really busy! Cardiff City's highest attendance at CCS is 33,028 for our match against Manchester United in December 2018!
* Anfield's highest ever attendance was 61,905 for Liverpool's match against Wolverhampton Wanderers in February 1952!
* Three players have appeared for Liverpool in all of their Premier League matches so far this season! They are Mohamed Salah, Virgil van Dijk and Alisson.
That's all for now, Junior Bluebirds! Check back with me before next Saturday's match against Fulham for more of Bartley's Match Facts! Bluebirds!!!