Bartley's Match Facts: Cardiff City vs. Huddersfield Town
Hey Junior Bluebirds! This weekend we're back at CCS to face Huddersfield Town! I can't wait to see you all backing the boys on Saturday. Your support this season has been awesome!
This is the first home match we've played against Huddersfield Town since November 2016! With that in mind let's have a look at some facts about both teams!
* In the 1923/24 season, Cardiff City were runners up in the First Division, losing out on the title to Huddersfield Town on goal average (the old version of goal difference).
* During that period, the Terriers won three consecutive First Division titles between 1924-1926!
* Our visitors' top goalscorer this season is Mathias Jørgensen! The Danish centre-back has scored three goals for the club so far in the campaign.
*Huddersfield Town's head coach is David Wagner. Having joined in 2015, Wagner since led the club from the Championship to the Premier League in the 2016/17 season, and finished their first Premier League season in 16th!
* John Smith's Stadium is the home ground of Huddersfield Town! It was built in 1994 and has a capacity of 24,121.
* Having started in 1908, Huddersfied Town is the most recently formed Premier League club! Crystal Palace is next in line, having been formed in September 1905.
* Cardiff City last lost against Huddersfield Town in 2003, having won seven of the ten games against the Terriers since then!
* Robert Earnshaw has scored the most goals in a season for Cardiff City, with 35!
* Dave Mangnall has achieved the longest consecutive scoring run for the Terriers, scoring in 11 consecutive matches in 1922!
* Huddersfield Town's club mascots are Terry and Tilly the Terriers! Tilly is new to the club, having joined in 2016.
That's all for now, Junior Bluebirds! See you soon!
Come on City!