Cardiff City U18 vs. Peterborough United

U18 Match Report | Hull City 2-3 Cardiff City

Cardiff City's U18 side took a deserved three points away from home on Saturday, as they defeated the Tigers.

The young Bluebirds fought off their hosts and found the way to win late on after Hull City equalised twice during the encounter.

Gabriele Biancheri opened the scoring with less than 20 minutes played, and when the hosts levelled at the half-hour mark, Tanatswa Nyakuhwa made no mistake in reestablishing the lead moments later, as he shot home from a penalty-kick.

Leading at the interval, the Tigers equalised once more just past the hour, meaning that City had to find another way to win.

Not conceding again throughout the second half despite mounting pressure, Cody Twose found the eventual breakthrough when he managed to pull off a late winner, with seconds remaining of injury time.


Hull City: Voase, Carr, Fanning, Cooper, K. Green, Spence, Coyle, Onoh, Opoku, Sani, Kelly. Subs: Wilson, Chibanga, Johnson, Gray, Nkomba.

Cardiff City: Dennis, C. Jones, Keeping, Giles, Debono, Barton (Perrett 76'), Nyakuhwa, Kenniford, Biancheri, George (Twose 46'), Mpadi. Subs: T. Jones, Armstrong, Kpakio.

Following the final whistle, U18s coach Tom Hutton praised the young Bluebirdseffort in getting the result away from home:

"It was a game that had a little bit of everything," said Tom. "We knew that it was going to be a challenge with how they were going to play, but we stood up well to them, especially when they were pushing for a winner against us late on.

"I was saying after to the lads that we've been in situations like that before where we've lost due to that late mounting pressure, so to ride it out and stay in the game always gives us a chance to get the winner, which we did.

"We asked that the younger players gave their all with this new challenge, and they really did get stuck in. As a group and a team, they really performed and showed a great togetherness throughout."