Vacancy | Cardiff City FC Academy Drivers
Cardiff City FC Academy are recruiting part-time drivers.
Drivers – casual, part-time basis. Salary: £8.21 per hour
Do you hold a current, clean and valid driving licence D1 unrestricted or a PCV licence or D1 restricted (car licence obtained prior to 01/01/97) and aged 25+ for insurance purposes?
If the successful candidate does not hold the required D1 licence to drive a minibus we would consider putting the successful candidate through the licence test to obtain this.
- Are you reliable and trustworthy?
- Do you have a pleasant, patient and helpful personality?
- Do you have a flexible approach to working arrangements?
- Do you want to help Cardiff City Academy develop their young players?
If so, we would like to talk to you…
“We are committed to maintaining an Academy that will produce players to meet with the highest standards. We intend to achieve our vision by selecting young players with outstanding potential from our local community and encouraging their development by providing them with an individualised programme designed to emphasise the full spectrum of football and personal growth.”
We now require drivers to join our Operations Team to transport players (U9-U18) to and from evening training (weekdays) and to fixtures (weekday evenings, weekends & school holidays)
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Driving a CCFC Vehicle or Minibus to transport players to and from training
- Driving a CCFC Vehicle or Minibus to transport players to and from fixtures
- Responsible for the Health & Safety, comfort and welfare of players in your care
- Report any vehicle defects, faults, incidents and accidents
- Ensuring the vehicle is in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use
- Refuelling vehicles as required
- Covering for absent colleagues
- Maintaining company image: working attire should always be worn and kept in a clean and tidy condition
- Working within Health & Safety guidelines and Drivers Code of Conduct
- To attend Monthly Departmental Meetings
- To possess and develop a working knowledge of Safeguarding children regulations in line with Company policy & procedures
We will give you:
- A supportive environment
- Academy Kit
Cardiff City Football Club and Academy are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) therefore all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Cardiff City Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment. We positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Should you feel that you have the necessary experience required for the role and wish to apply for this position, please email your up to date CV together with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications will be Monday 9th December 2019.