Adran Premier Preview | Pontypridd United vs. Cardiff City
Cardiff City Women return to Adran Premier action this weekend, as the Bluebirds take on Pontypridd United.
The fixture will take place at the USW Sports Park, with a kick-off time of 2pm.
Admission for Sunday’s match will cost £3, with card payment available at the ground.
ADRAN PREMIER | SEASON SO FAR
City head into Sunday’s clash two points clear at the top of the Adran Premier table, having recorded ten points from the opening four fixtures of the league campaign.
Last time out, the Bluebirds travelled to face Wrexham at The Rock, earning a 3-0 victory with a professional performance.
Attacker Molly Kehoe, who signed for the Club in the summer, scored a brilliant brace, while Ffion Price netted her first goal of the season.
Opponents Pontypridd United are currently seventh in the table and remain in search of their first points of the campaign.
The side have had a difficult run of fixtures, starting the season with defeats to The New Saints, Wrexham, Aberystwyth Town and Swansea City.
IN DEPTH | STATZONE
Ahead of Sunday’s fixture, we take a look at some interesting stats…
- City faced Pontypridd United on three occasions in all competitions last season, earning two wins and a draw.
- The Bluebirds netted eight goals against Sunday’s opponents last season, an average of 2.7 per game.
- Iain Darbyshire’s side have conceded just two goals so far this season. Only Aberystwyth Town have conceded fewer.
- City have three players who have played every minute of the league campaign so far: Price, Hannah Power and Emma Beynon.
- Pontypridd United have international experience in their squad. Nia Jones and Nadia Lawrence have 72 Wales caps between them.
- The 1-1 draw between the two sides at the USW Sports Park last season was one of just three times City dropped points in the league campaign.
CITY MEMORIES | MEGAN BOWEN
The last time City played at the USW Sports Park, the Bluebirds were held to a 1-1 draw.
Despite not quite earning all three points, it was a memorable evening for defender Megan Bowen, who struck a brilliant effort from distance to mark her first goal for the Club.
Recalling the milestone, Megan said: “To score my first goal for the Club in such a tight game was an unforgettable experience. It is probably one of the best goals I’ve ever scored, so for it to come in a season where we went on to win the league was that extra bit special.
“I don’t score many goals so when it came in a close game I was buzzing. I just remember there were a lot of bodies in the box so when the ball fell to me, I heard a few people telling me to shoot.
“I did and it ended up in the back of the net. There’s no feeling like your first goal and it’s something I’ll never forget.”