The Bluebirds triumph...

Adran Premier Report | Wrexham 0-3 City

City remain unbeaten in this season’s Adran Premier, as they defeated Wrexham 3-0 away from home on Sunday, October 8th, 2023.

A brace for Molly Kehoe and a goal from Ffion Price put the Red Dragons to the sword, as they suffered their first loss of the season.

The Bluebirds return to the top of the Adran Premier following this win, with three victories and one draw from their opening four games of the campaign.

Iain Darbyshire elected to make two changes from the Bluebirds’ victory against TNS. Kelly Adams and Mackenzie Olden made way for Seren Watkins and captain Siobhan Walsh, who was making her first start of the league season.

Although the Wrexham crowd roared their Red Dragons on loudly at the start, City soon began to quieten them as the first half developed. The pace of Rhianne Oakley was problematic for Wrexham, while wing backs Lisa Owen and Ffion Price were finding success further up the pitch.

It was Price in fact who had the first sight at goal, but her rasping shot just rose over the bar. Half chances fell to Oakley and Eliza Collie, but nothing seemed to truly test Del Morgan in the Wrexham goal. But Morgan and the rest of the Wrexham’s defence barricades were breached by a moment of magic. Molly Kehoe robbed the ball on the edge of the box, before dribbling through player after player. While her first shot was saved, she managed to power in the second to put the Bluebirds ahead.

At the other end of the pitch, the City defence looked assured and composed facing up to the Wrexham attack, led by Rosie Hughes, and at the break, our girls deserved to be leading.

Before the Red Dragons could even get going at the start of the second half, the Bluebirds and Kehoe had a second. Morgan raced out of her goal, and Kehoe managed to knock the ball round her, before rolling it into an empty net.

Wrexham almost hit back with a goal of their own as Hughes got round the defence, but our captain Walsh managed to clear the ball at just the right moment.

Siobhan Walsh celebrates...

At the other end, pressure continued to build with City. Oakley’s driving run and shot just sailed over the bar, while there were half chances aplenty.

Eventually, the Bluebirds would find their third. A Watkins free kick was punched out by Morgan, but only to the feet of Price. With an open goal in front of her, Price fired in from close range to seal all three points.

Wrexham attempted to get a consolation, but were denied, as City put in a dominant team performance to remain unbeaten.


Wrexham: Morgan, Davies, Allen ©, Doran, Lovett, Dickens, L. Jones, Pritchard (Spearing 70’), Gibbard (Mackenzie 81’), C. Jones (Whitefoot 70’), Hughes. Subs not used: Bolland, Sharp.

Cardiff City: Chamberlain, Owen (Green 66’), Power, S. Walsh © (Adams 83’), Bowen, Price, Watkins, Beynon, Kehoe, Oakley (Richardson 83’), Collie (Olden 75’). Subs not used: Forkings.